Members of the Province visited the Tatenhill base of the Midland ‘Air Ambulance’ on Wednesday, 7th March 2012 to present a cheque for two thousand pounds.
The money raised which received matching from the OSM Benevolent Fund was the proceeds from the PGSR’s designated charity for 2010/2011.
The members of the Province were given a very warm welcome by Amita Patel (‘Air Ambulance’ Fund Raising Manager) and in due course, following the return to base of the helicopter from a mission at Uttoxeter, Brethren were able to chat with the crew and have a close up view of the helicopter.
For those who are interested in figures the helicopter used out of Tatenhill, rigged out as an Air Ambulance, cost £3.25M.
In the picture left to right:
- Ian (Air Ambulance Paramedic)
- Wy.Bro. Mike Butterworth (Provincial Grand Treasurer)
- Wy.Bro. Kenneth Walchester (Provincial Grand Recorder)
- Claire (Air Ambulance Paramedic)
- R.Wy.Bro. John Stevens (Provincial Grand Supreme Ruler)
- V.Wy.Bro. Ron Sutton (Provincial Grand Almoner).